Warning- Sudoku is ADDICTIVE! I take no responsibility for loss of time, job or spouse resulting from playing Sudoku.
For Those of you who don't know just what sudoku is, It is a puzzle where you are given a grid of either blank squares or with a number (1-9) in it and you have place the numbers (1-9) in such a way that every row, column and diagonal line has each number occur exactly one time.
I would give you a nice and comprehensive explanation, but why when you have Wikipedia and some videos?
Play it now complements of DailySudoku:
Visit http://www.dailysudoku.com/ for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.
Here is a sampling of the better related items from Amazon.com:
Here are a couple of online places to play:
- http://www.sudoku.com/ Has it all, daily puzzles of increasing difficulty, ratings and tutors.
- http://www.sudoku.org.uk/daily.asp Really nice daily puzzle with rankings and a nice tutorial here: http://www.sudoku.org.uk/sudokux.pdf
- Sudoku Gives you puzzles to solve.
- This site lets you enter a puzzle, and provides a framework for you to solve it, really helpful for the new solver. http://www.scanraid.com/sudoku.htm
- http://www.lutanho.net/play/sudoku_online.html Online random Sudoku.
- http://www.sudokusolver.co.uk/ Need help with a puzzle? Try here.
- http://www.sudoku-download.net/ This one has a nice tutor and pdf's to print out.